Watford confirm pitch will be re-laid this summer
Watford have today confirmed that the Vicarage Road pitch will be re-laid this summer as planned.
There had been concerns that the pitch at the Hornet's home ground would not be re-laid with Saracens potentially playing part of next season at the Vic' once more.
However, after Watford owner Laurence Bassini said earlier in the season that the pitch would be re-laid in the off-season, Watford have moved to ally any fears that Saracens tenancy will impact on the club's plans.
Speaking to The Watford Observer, Operations Director Glynn Evans said:
"The ground will not be levelled because it would involve significant structural alterations regarding the sighting for supporters in the Rookery and Vicarage Road stands."
The Watford Observer have also revealed that a 'substantial' down payment has been made for the work, expected to start on May 14.
There is also the possibility of increased hosepipe ban restrictions putting the work on the back burner however this is not a concern for the club at present.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.