Date:Tuesday March 30 2010
LET me make clear two things first and foremost. I am NOT actively supporting Malky`s reign/I`m NOT saying I want him to stay and I did not go to tonight`s game due to work commitments, however I was at the last two home games.
This is just me outlining exactly why sacking Malky will be completely the wrong decision (for now).
The situation is this -
1. We have 7 games to go (PNE, WBA, Reading, QPR, Leicester, Coventry and a massive, massive one against Plymouth)
2. We are one point above Palace.
3. We are five points above Plymouth.
4. We are thirteen points above a surely already down Peterborough.
In my opinion, sacking Malky with seven games to go is NOT the answer, for the following reasons -
1. Who do we get in?
2. Who`s gonna want in?!
3. The new manager has seven games and just over a month to get to grips with his new squad and somehow change something to keep us up.
4. Changing anything fundamentally at this stage will take a few games minimum for the players to get used to.
5. We don`t have a few games to experiment, we need results instantly.
So what`s the solution? -
1. Get behind the players. Unite behind the team instead of starting in-house brawls and arguments.
2. Cross every finger and every toe and hope against hope that they scrape some confidence and results from somewhere.
3. Get behind Malky until the end of the season and then make a decision re. his future, possibly once a new chairman is appointed permanently.
N.B. The fact it would cost to get in a new man and sack Malky is irrelevant, if it is in the best interest of the club then I`m afraid it has to be done.
I`d be interested to hear your views, everyone`s being very vocal on the forums so unleash that Raging (especially after tonight) Horn inside you and let VitalWatford know what you think!
Date:Tuesday March 30 2010
AFH: A Strange Few Weeks (Wednesday September 17 2014)
Vydra Penalty Seals Win For The Hornets (Tuesday September 16 2014)
Stats: Blackpool v Watford (Tuesday September 16 2014)
Watford Lose At Charlton On Garcia's Debut (Saturday September 13 2014)
Stats: Charlton Athletic v Watford (Saturday September 13 2014)
Preview: Charlton v Watford (Thursday September 11 2014)
AFH: Ciao Beppe, Hola Oscar (Tuesday September 9 2014)
Watford Appoint Garcia As Head Coach (Tuesday September 2 2014)
Watford Win After Dramatic Second Half (Saturday August 30 2014)
Stats: Watford v Huddersfield Town (Saturday August 30 2014)
|7. Derby County||7||3||3||1||+5||12|
|Clubs line-up for Boro man
» Middlesbrough : 18/09/2014 22:23:00
|We have cover says Karanka
» Middlesbrough : 18/09/2014 22:13:00
|Boro suffer major blow
» Middlesbrough : 18/09/2014 22:04:00
» Bolton : 18/09/2014 22:00:00
|There's Only One Chris Cohen!!!
» Forest : 18/09/2014 21:25:00