Date:Tuesday March 30 2010
LET me make clear two things first and foremost. I am NOT actively supporting Malky`s reign/I`m NOT saying I want him to stay and I did not go to tonight`s game due to work commitments, however I was at the last two home games.
This is just me outlining exactly why sacking Malky will be completely the wrong decision (for now).
The situation is this -
1. We have 7 games to go (PNE, WBA, Reading, QPR, Leicester, Coventry and a massive, massive one against Plymouth)
2. We are one point above Palace.
3. We are five points above Plymouth.
4. We are thirteen points above a surely already down Peterborough.
In my opinion, sacking Malky with seven games to go is NOT the answer, for the following reasons -
1. Who do we get in?
2. Who`s gonna want in?!
3. The new manager has seven games and just over a month to get to grips with his new squad and somehow change something to keep us up.
4. Changing anything fundamentally at this stage will take a few games minimum for the players to get used to.
5. We don`t have a few games to experiment, we need results instantly.
So what`s the solution? -
1. Get behind the players. Unite behind the team instead of starting in-house brawls and arguments.
2. Cross every finger and every toe and hope against hope that they scrape some confidence and results from somewhere.
3. Get behind Malky until the end of the season and then make a decision re. his future, possibly once a new chairman is appointed permanently.
N.B. The fact it would cost to get in a new man and sack Malky is irrelevant, if it is in the best interest of the club then I`m afraid it has to be done.
I`d be interested to hear your views, everyone`s being very vocal on the forums so unleash that Raging (especially after tonight) Horn inside you and let VitalWatford know what you think!
Date:Tuesday March 30 2010
Flores Doesn't Blame Soul Of The Side Deeney (Monday November 23 2015)
Audio - Flores On United Loss (Saturday November 21 2015)
Stats: Watford v Man Utd (Saturday November 21 2015)
Flores & Abdi Ahead Of United (Friday November 20 2015)
The Watford FC Walking Wounded - Injury List (Friday November 20 2015)
Watford To Mark Paris Tragedy (Thursday November 19 2015)
Match Day Officials v Manchester United (Thursday November 19 2015)
Infographic - Worst Shot Accuracy....Deeney (Thursday November 19 2015)
Infographic - Goals To Shots Ratio (Watford) (Wednesday November 18 2015)
Watford Receive Advice Following Paris Tragedy (Tuesday November 17 2015)
|10. Crystal Palace||13||6||1||6||1||19|
» Chelsea : 25/11/2015 07:50:00
|Le Coq Out For 3 Months, Ox & Theo Almost Back
» Arsenal : 25/11/2015 07:33:01
» Chelsea : 25/11/2015 07:24:01
|Oxlade-Chamberlain To Face Norwich?
» Norwich : 25/11/2015 06:00:00
|Gunners Will Decide Their Own Fate After 3-0 Win
» Arsenal : 24/11/2015 21:46:00