Date:Tuesday March 30 2010
LET me make clear two things first and foremost. I am NOT actively supporting Malky`s reign/I`m NOT saying I want him to stay and I did not go to tonight`s game due to work commitments, however I was at the last two home games.
This is just me outlining exactly why sacking Malky will be completely the wrong decision (for now).
The situation is this -
1. We have 7 games to go (PNE, WBA, Reading, QPR, Leicester, Coventry and a massive, massive one against Plymouth)
2. We are one point above Palace.
3. We are five points above Plymouth.
4. We are thirteen points above a surely already down Peterborough.
In my opinion, sacking Malky with seven games to go is NOT the answer, for the following reasons -
1. Who do we get in?
2. Who`s gonna want in?!
3. The new manager has seven games and just over a month to get to grips with his new squad and somehow change something to keep us up.
4. Changing anything fundamentally at this stage will take a few games minimum for the players to get used to.
5. We don`t have a few games to experiment, we need results instantly.
So what`s the solution? -
1. Get behind the players. Unite behind the team instead of starting in-house brawls and arguments.
2. Cross every finger and every toe and hope against hope that they scrape some confidence and results from somewhere.
3. Get behind Malky until the end of the season and then make a decision re. his future, possibly once a new chairman is appointed permanently.
N.B. The fact it would cost to get in a new man and sack Malky is irrelevant, if it is in the best interest of the club then I`m afraid it has to be done.
I`d be interested to hear your views, everyone`s being very vocal on the forums so unleash that Raging (especially after tonight) Horn inside you and let VitalWatford know what you think!
Date:Tuesday March 30 2010
Watford Take A Point At The Riverside (Saturday October 25 2014)
Stats: Middlesbrough v Watford (Saturday October 25 2014)
Watford 2-2 Forest: A Neutral's View (Wednesday October 22 2014)
Hornets Held By Forest (Wednesday October 22 2014)
PREVIEW: Watford v Forest (Tuesday October 21 2014)
Opposing View: Nottingham Forest (Monday October 20 2014)
Watford Cruise To Win At Hillsborough (Saturday October 18 2014)
Stats: Sheffield Wednesday v Watford (Saturday October 18 2014)
OFFICIAL: Slaviša Jokanović Appointed (Tuesday October 7 2014)
McKinlay and Jokanović: Questions (Tuesday October 7 2014)
|1. Derby County||14||7||5||2||+12||26|
|Wilson: England call would be career highlight
» Bournemouth : 30/10/2014 15:06:00
|Akpan enjoying midfield partnership
» Reading : 30/10/2014 14:30:00
|Meet the Ref: Ipswich Town
» Blackpool : 30/10/2014 13:18:00
|Head to Head: Ipswich
» Blackpool : 30/10/2014 13:06:00
|Blackpool announce Clark
» Blackpool : 30/10/2014 12:56:00