Date:Tuesday March 30 2010
LET me make clear two things first and foremost. I am NOT actively supporting Malky`s reign/I`m NOT saying I want him to stay and I did not go to tonight`s game due to work commitments, however I was at the last two home games.
This is just me outlining exactly why sacking Malky will be completely the wrong decision (for now).
The situation is this -
1. We have 7 games to go (PNE, WBA, Reading, QPR, Leicester, Coventry and a massive, massive one against Plymouth)
2. We are one point above Palace.
3. We are five points above Plymouth.
4. We are thirteen points above a surely already down Peterborough.
In my opinion, sacking Malky with seven games to go is NOT the answer, for the following reasons -
1. Who do we get in?
2. Who`s gonna want in?!
3. The new manager has seven games and just over a month to get to grips with his new squad and somehow change something to keep us up.
4. Changing anything fundamentally at this stage will take a few games minimum for the players to get used to.
5. We don`t have a few games to experiment, we need results instantly.
So what`s the solution? -
1. Get behind the players. Unite behind the team instead of starting in-house brawls and arguments.
2. Cross every finger and every toe and hope against hope that they scrape some confidence and results from somewhere.
3. Get behind Malky until the end of the season and then make a decision re. his future, possibly once a new chairman is appointed permanently.
N.B. The fact it would cost to get in a new man and sack Malky is irrelevant, if it is in the best interest of the club then I`m afraid it has to be done.
I`d be interested to hear your views, everyone`s being very vocal on the forums so unleash that Raging (especially after tonight) Horn inside you and let VitalWatford know what you think!
Date:Tuesday March 30 2010
Two Goals In Two Minutes See Watford Beat Ipswich (Saturday April 19 2014)
Stats: Watford v Ipswich Town (Saturday April 19 2014)
Watford v Ipswich starting XIs (Saturday April 19 2014)
Preview: Watford v Ipswich Town (Saturday April 19 2014)
Opposing View: Ipswich Town (Friday April 18 2014)
Earlybird Season Ticket Sales (Friday April 18 2014)
Away From Home: What To Do About Late Goals? (Thursday April 17 2014)
Almunia Mistake Costs Watford At The Den (Saturday April 12 2014)
Stats: Millwall v Watford (Saturday April 12 2014)
Millwall v Watford starting XIs (Saturday April 12 2014)
|15. Sheff Wed||43||13||14||16||2||53|
|Preview: Owls v Charlton
» Sheff Wed : 20/04/2014 23:58:00
|One to Watch - Daniel Tözsér
» Q.P.R. : 20/04/2014 20:32:00
|LUFC Leeds Loan Watch - April 13th - 19th
» Leeds Utd : 20/04/2014 19:55:00
|Vela Stays With Magpies As Foxes Dismiss Davies
» Bolton : 20/04/2014 19:18:00
|LUFC Team News: Defender a doubt for McDermott
» Leeds Utd : 20/04/2014 19:12:00
|Brighton v Blackpool (Preview)
» Brighton : 20/04/2014 18:05:00
|DRFC Millwall v Doncaster Team News
» Doncaster : 20/04/2014 18:00:00