Date:Tuesday March 30 2010
LET me make clear two things first and foremost. I am NOT actively supporting Malky`s reign/I`m NOT saying I want him to stay and I did not go to tonight`s game due to work commitments, however I was at the last two home games.
This is just me outlining exactly why sacking Malky will be completely the wrong decision (for now).
The situation is this -
1. We have 7 games to go (PNE, WBA, Reading, QPR, Leicester, Coventry and a massive, massive one against Plymouth)
2. We are one point above Palace.
3. We are five points above Plymouth.
4. We are thirteen points above a surely already down Peterborough.
In my opinion, sacking Malky with seven games to go is NOT the answer, for the following reasons -
1. Who do we get in?
2. Who`s gonna want in?!
3. The new manager has seven games and just over a month to get to grips with his new squad and somehow change something to keep us up.
4. Changing anything fundamentally at this stage will take a few games minimum for the players to get used to.
5. We don`t have a few games to experiment, we need results instantly.
So what`s the solution? -
1. Get behind the players. Unite behind the team instead of starting in-house brawls and arguments.
2. Cross every finger and every toe and hope against hope that they scrape some confidence and results from somewhere.
3. Get behind Malky until the end of the season and then make a decision re. his future, possibly once a new chairman is appointed permanently.
N.B. The fact it would cost to get in a new man and sack Malky is irrelevant, if it is in the best interest of the club then I`m afraid it has to be done.
I`d be interested to hear your views, everyone`s being very vocal on the forums so unleash that Raging (especially after tonight) Horn inside you and let VitalWatford know what you think!
Date:Tuesday March 30 2010
Away From Home: All Over? (Thursday April 24 2014)
Another Late Goal Sends Hornets To Defeat At QPR (Monday April 21 2014)
Stats: QPR v Watford (Monday April 21 2014)
QPR v Watford Starting XIs (Monday April 21 2014)
Preview QPR v Watford (Monday April 21 2014)
Two Goals In Two Minutes See Watford Beat Ipswich (Saturday April 19 2014)
Stats: Watford v Ipswich Town (Saturday April 19 2014)
Watford v Ipswich starting XIs (Saturday April 19 2014)
Preview: Watford v Ipswich Town (Saturday April 19 2014)
Opposing View: Ipswich Town (Friday April 18 2014)
|15. Sheff Wed||44||13||14||17||1||53|
|McAllister Not Ready To Hang His Boots Up Yet
» Yeovil : 24/04/2014 23:11:00
|Boss takes blame
» Middlesbrough : 24/04/2014 22:49:00
|Pearson - Now For 100 Points
» Leicester City : 24/04/2014 22:44:00
|Schmeichel - End The Season Like Champions
» Leicester City : 24/04/2014 22:32:00
|Beevers - We Can Get Three QPR Points
» Millwall : 24/04/2014 22:11:00
|DRFC Doncaster Rovers v Reading Team News
» Doncaster : 24/04/2014 22:11:00
|Richardson Hoping For Permanent Deal
» Ipswich : 24/04/2014 22:00:00